Rainbow Mulch comes in a two different sizes to meet your needs:
- 15 lbs. bags - covers 1.5 cu. ft.
- 500 lbs. bulk bags - coverage will vary based on pounds.
So how many cubic feet do you need to cover?
The easiest way is to calculate the area of the space you need to fill and then multiply that number by however many inches of depth you'd like. Finally, divide your final number by 12 to calculate in cubic feet. Seem confusing? Let's pretend you have a 10' by 20' area that you'd like to mulch at 6" thick. To find the area of this space:
- multiply the length by width: 10 x 20 = 200 sq. ft.
- multiply that number by however many inches of depth you'd like: 200 x 6 = 1200 sq. ft.
- divide that last number by 12 to calculate in cubic feet:1200 sq ft / 12 = 100 cu. ft.
How thick should you lay your mulch?
- Landscaping = 2"
- Residential playgrounds = 3"
- Commercial playgrounds = 6" (ASTM safety guidelines)
Seem complicated? Try our rubber mulch calculator!